Come work for a high-growth company where you can thrive on collaborative teams, and where everyone is encouraged to contribute ideas across all levels of the organization. You should desire to work in a fast moving and adaptive environment but with the stability, compensation and benefits of a successful company.
We’re looking for senior developers who thrive on collaborative teams where everyone works on everything, and everyone is encouraged to contribute ideas across all levels of the organization. We can provide you the excitement of a fast-moving and adaptive startup environment, coupled with the stability, compensation and benefits of a larger organization. We’re looking for good developers and great people, not brogrammers, rock stars or ninjas (note: If you are not a mercenary in feudal Japan, you are not a ninja).
As a Senior Full-stack Developer you will use your development and leadership skills to build applications and systems that will help local businesses be more successful. You’ll also be in on the ground floor of a company with tremendous upside, and have many options to grow your career alongside our growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement high quality, elegant SaaS software for desktop, mobile web and mobile apps
- Work alongside system architects to design our future technology plans
- Collaborate directly with product management, marketing, design and engineering teams on new product features. Our developers are in tune with our customers and the business requirements, not just code
- Mentor and help develop the talents of more junior developers
- Build tools to make our internal processes better, faster, stronger
- Help define the processes and frameworks to support a high-performing engineering organization
- Post exciting new variants of the “Ship it!” squirrel in our developer chatroom
- Provide your thoughts and perspective in every aspect of the company, not just technology. We encourage everyone to be plugged-in to the entire business and to chip in with ideas and action when they see opportunities to help
What You Should Have:
- 4+ years of experience designing and developing web applications
- Mastery of at least one OO programming language, ideally Ruby
- Strong belief in the importance of applying modern programming patterns in a Rails MVC environment. Experience in service-oriented API architecture a big plus
- High attention to detail and pride in producing high-quality software
- Passion for learning about and developing with new technologies, coupled with a pragmatism about using the right tool for the job
- Big ideas and a tiny ego - argue your position as passionately as you can, but get behind the consensus decision wholeheartedly
- Flexibility to adapt quickly with our growing and ever-changing business
- Thrive in a fast-paced, Agile-esque development organization
- A high score on at least one arcade or pinball machine
- A test-driven mindset and commitment to refactoring and tuning
- Experience with Angular and responsive frameworks like Foundation is a plus
What You’ll Get:
- Competitive salary and potential for equity.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options (100% of basic plan premiums paid by company)
- 401(k) plan with a company match of up to 4%
- A brand new, state of the art office located at American Tobacco Campus in Durham, NC which includes a fully stocked snack, drinks, and coffee area, ping pong table, board games, paid parking, and office keg!
- The honor of wearing the exclusive Adwerx t-shirt!
- The opportunity to take possession of a plush aardvark for winning the Aartie Award, much like employee of the month only better because we do it every other week!
- A collaborative work environment where you’ll learn about and influence every aspect of the business
- The opportunity to work with and learn from some of the most talented leaders, developers, marketers and designers.
- The ability to help define the foundational technology that will power the growth of our business
- An environment that fosters transparency and the company vision through monthly company updates, happy hours and full disclosure
Adwerx is SaaS company revolutionizing online advertising by making it simple and cost effective. The Adwerx technology was born from one of the most successful products at ReverbNation, used by more than 200,000 musicians. The mission of Adwerx is to help every local business, from real estate agents to restaurants and more, benefit from online advertising. If you want to see how your hard work directly leads to the success of your company, Adwerx is the place for you.